Consultancy Engagement, Cockpit Arts
The London Creative Network Programme is an ERDF funded initiative, run by Cockpit Arts, SPACE, Photofusion and Four Corners, with the goal to small creative businesses in the digital image, design, designer making and visual arts sectors to grow.
The London Creative Network Programme at Cockpit Arts is a professional development programme designed to help craft makers to enhance their ability to advance their business – whether through new products and services, or new ways of doing things, or both.
This includes support to:
· Introduce new-to-the practice product ranges or services, or develop a new unique body of work
· Work in a new way, e.g. source manufacturing, change or alter production methods or technology used
· Explore new marketing materials or platforms, or create new promotional material to reach a different audience
· Design new back-end office systems to improve capacity for growth, or develop new skills to help the practice run more smoothly
· Develop strategic vision, goals and milestones, and project management skills
Application For Consultancy Engagement
Cockpit Arts has several consultancy opportunities available to work with craft maker businesses on the programme and invites applications from industry specialists who can deliver Workshops and/or 1:1 support on the London Creative Network Programme as below.
Building & Maintaining Business, Customer & Consumer Relationships
Specifically covering the following topics:
· Market research – approaches, theory, strategy, how to do it, evaluate it and identify resulting actions to take
· Identifying, reaching, and acquiring new clients (both B2B and B2C)
· Customer management and engagement
· Offline relationship building, securing and retaining customers
· Building online engagement and social media strategy
· Designing a great customer service experience
· Setting up and maintaining an affordable in-house customer management system (i.e. desktop, online, or manual)
· Interpersonal skills for customer facing rapport building, asking, selling, closing, negotiating, pitching, presenting - what to say and how to say it
Branding & Marketing
in the following categories:
Specifically covering the following topics:
· Brand story-building
· Identifying brand position - approaches, theory, strategy, how to do it, evaluate it and identify resulting actions to take
· Living the brand: finding the right language & tone of voice to articulate the brand’s values & personality - across channels and platforms day to day
· Living the brand: using visual media to communicate it - across channels and platforms day to day
What we look for in a workshop:
· Interactive, with a mix of solo and group learning activities and the opportunity to try out the tools and theory provided
· Uses up to date case studies and examples, tailored to be relevant to our client base
· Action focussed and pragmatic, empowers participants to make their own changes, whilst imparting substantive knowledge and skills
· Able to work with a range of points in business – from early career to established
What we look for in a consultant:
· Collaborative and open to working with the in-house coaching team at Cockpit Arts, with codelivery where appropriate
· Willing to tailor content to meet the needs of our participants
· First-hand in-depth knowledge and proven experience of their topic
· Knowledge and experience of working with sole traders, craft businesses, or creatives and artists
The London Creative Network project is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund Programme 2014 to 2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the managing authority for the European Regional Development Fund Programme, which is one of the funds established by the European Commission to help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support local businesses and create jobs.
Artquest, DACS & Harbottle & Lewis London Creative Network follows the very successful New Creative Markets (NCM) programme, which supported almost 600 London-based freelancers and small creative companies from 2012 to 2015.
Notes For Applicants
Please supply a quote on headed paper stating the opportunity or opportunities you are applying for with your hourly rate, day rate or workshop rate to Madeleine Furness, Business Incubation Programme Manager
For more information please get in touch via this address.
Tuesday 6 December 2016