CAD / Design Intern
Pruden and Smith Ltd
Ditchling, East Sussex (Nr Brighton)
Paid 6 month Internship potential for ongoing employment
We are looking for a Jewellery Designer to work 5 days a week (Tuesday to Saturday) in the village of Ditchling near Brighton.
This is an exciting chance to be a part of a fast growing and award winning jewellery business.
About the Job
Daily tasks will include:
- In CAD: Modelling existing designs for the digital design library.
- In CAD: Modelling and costing existing designs with clients variations after or during client appointments.
- Conducting client consultations and developing a design brief with them.
- Working with the creative director developing designs from sampling to production.
- Creating design specification sheets.
- Preparing graphic material for various purposes (website, newsletters, social networks, stockists’s requests, packaging).
About the Candidate
The candidate should have
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills especially listening.
- A passion for jewellery.
We are looking for someone to be reliable, adaptable, helpful, enthusiastic and above all motivated.
You must enjoy working in a team as well as being capable of taking on individual responsibilities.
- Graduate design qualification preferably jewellery or product design.
- Proficient in CAD, (RHINO preferred) Photoshop, hand drawing.
Ditchling (near Brighton), East Sussex.
Paid 6 month Internship with potential for ongoing employment.
Temporary, six months.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV, design portfolio (or any visuals showcasing your design), and covering letter to Rebecca Smith using the application form below.
How to apply
Applying for a job on Benchpeg is easy. All you need to do is upload your CV, along with your telephone number, email address, and a message for the recruiter, using the form below.
If they receive a high volume of applications, the recruiter may not inform you if yours has been unsuccessful. However, if they’re impressed with your application, they’ll let you know.