Part Time Social Media & Marketing Assistant, E.C One the Jewellers
(4 Days a week)
E.C. One is the award winning jewellers based in Clerkenwell, London who are renowned for offering both designer and precious fine jewellery. Voted as ‘The Most Inspiring Jewellers in the UK’ as well as ‘Best for Fashion’, and ‘Best Boutique Jewellers’.
We are currently looking for a Part Time Social Media & Marketing Assistant to join our happy team.
The ideal candidate will work closely with our Website Manager to create engaging content for the company's social media presence.
This would include keeping social media channels updated, brand-focused as well as seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with our audience.
- Manage the EC One social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Engaging in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creating dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizing content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creating rich and varied content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on the company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Assisting with social media management of projects and our events
- Analysing and reporting audience information, demographics, and results of social media projects
- Proposing new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Working with Website Manager and Buyers to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writing and distributing e-newsletters to our subscribers
- Seeking out interesting opportunities for EC One to work with advocates and influencers to cross promote.
Who we're looking for
Alongside experience in a similar role, you should be confident demonstrating all of the following:
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Passion for Communication and Digital Engagement
- Highly organised and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Photography skills plus knowledge of basic lighting equipment
- Good photographic and graphic eye and understanding of E.C. One’s brand aesthetic.
- Experience with Illustrator or Photoshop
Salary competitive and commensurate with previous experience.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible so please don’t delay.
Please apply with CV, covering letter (including current salary) and a link to a social media account for examples of previous digital work and photography to Jos Skeates – Managing Director, using the application form below.
EC One was established in 1997 by husband and wife team Jos and Alison Skeates. England was in a new era of politics, music and fashion and our bit of London – the postcode of EC1 – was a great place to be. We opened our first jewellery store complete with open plan workshop, on Exmouth Market in Clerkenwell.
Fifteen years on, and EC One has established itself as a leader in the jewellery industry. Our position as an independent jewellery shop has won us ‘Boutique Retailer of the Year’ at the 2011 UK Jewellery Awards, following previous wins in ‘Best for Fashion’. Other awards include First Place in Retail Jeweller’s “Inspiring Independents”, and London Magazine’s “Great Little Shop Awards”. Meanwhile, Jos is still active within the Goldsmiths’ Company, and sits on their Craft & Design Council, whereas Ali’s eye for design has led her to sit on the selection committee for London Fashion Week. Is it any wonder they were both included in Professional Jeweller’s Hot 100?
How to apply
Applying for a job on Benchpeg is easy. All you need to do is upload your CV, along with your telephone number, email address, and a message for the recruiter, using the form below.
If they receive a high volume of applications, the recruiter may not inform you if yours has been unsuccessful. However, if they’re impressed with your application, they’ll let you know.