Goldsmiths' Fair 2019
Call for Applications: Goldsmiths’ Fair 2019
Applications to exhibit at Goldsmiths’ Fair 2019 have now opened and will close at midnight 28 February. Applications for the Graduate Bursary Scheme open for the same period. The Fair Selection Committee will meet in March and applicants will be advised of the outcome thereafter.
The 37th Goldsmiths’ Fair (23 September – 6 October) will once again showcase the finest new collections from the most talented UK-based designer-makers working in precious metals. Last year, 138 exhibitors took part and more than 9,000 people visited the event.
Applicants must conform to the following requirements:
- Each piece exhibited must include precious metal(s);
- Exhibitors must represent themselves and not act as an agent for others;
- Exhibitors must live and work in the UK;
- Applications must include only work that has been designed and made in the UK by the applicant themselves. (If the applicant has used the specialist techniques of another tradesman e.g. a spinner/caster/engraver etc., these must be detailed on the application form.);
- The applicant can employ no more than six people ‘at the bench.’;
- Applicants must not be in full time education at the time of application;
- Applicants must be available to man their stand at all times during the Fair. (Exceptions must be approved by Fair staff.);
- All pieces included in the application and ultimately shown during the Fair must be compliant with the UK Hallmarking Act 1973;
- Be in agreement with all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations.
Graduate Bursary Scheme
To encourage and support the next generation of jewellers and silversmiths, the Goldsmiths’ Company selects 10 Graduate Exhibitors to receive the following:
- A free stand at Goldsmiths’ Fair;
- A £1,500 grant to help prepare towards the Fair;
- An optional interest-free silver bullion loan of up to £3,000 from Cookson Precious Metals;
- A structured mentoring and training programme provided by the Goldsmiths’ Centre.
- To be eligible applicants must meet all the standard eligibility requirements as well as:
- Graduated (from an HND/BA/MA or Goldsmiths’ Apprenticeship) in the last five years;
- Not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair previously;
- There is no age restriction.
Apply online at www.goldsmithsfair.co.uk